Every leader has to make decisions regarding terminating underachieving employees. Once a decision is made the question becomes whom do we replace the employee with?
There are several options:
- Do not replace the employee and spread the work among existing staff
- Promote a person to the position and replace the junior position
- Look outside the company for an experienced high achiever
When you need to look outside your own company keep several points in mind:
- It is best to find the replacement prior to terminating the employee. You do not want a position to go unfilled for very long.
- It is important that you talk to the best people available – do not limit yourself to just respondents to an advertisement!
- Keep the position confidential. Turmoil is created when an employee knows that he is being replaced.
When you find yourself in the position of replacing an employee, Automotive Personnel, LLC will work in complete confidence. We will recruit the highest achievers, set up confidential interviews at your convenience , help negotiate the compensation and reduce the risk of acceptance of counter-offers!