Over a quarter of a century of recruiting experience has taught us that there are 5 distinct stages to superior employee recruitment. In future articles I will delve into more details on each aspect.
- Understanding what to look for – We start a search by asking “What will the candidate need to accomplish in 1st year to be considered a great hire”. Then we focus on finding the personnel who can accomplish this.
- Knowing where to for look the High Performers – they are always out there but infrequently looking, we learned how to find them
- Understanding how to recognize High Performers – Smart interviewing and diligent reference checking are essential to recognizing the High Performers from the rest
- Knowing how to appeal to the High Performers – Understand that High Performers choose positions based on criteria not used by average performers such as ; what career value would your position have, what will they learn and grown into with your position. Additionally High Performers will want to know about your company, your industry and the person they will be reporting to.
- Ability to close / overcome issues – all deals have them and we learned how to work through them
CEO / Automotive Personnel, LLC
Twitter : @DonJasensky
“We Find The People Who Drive The Automotive Industry”